How much of each dollar you give to United Way actually goes to help people in our community? 50, 60 or 75 cents? Even more - over 85 cents of each dollar goes directly to help people in need, while 15 cents goes to fund raising and year-round operations. Other watchdog groups say 25 cents and 40 cents are acceptable for fund raising and administration. The UWGL spends much less because so many volunteers give of their time and expertise. With your pledge to United Way you join your gift with other gifts to help local people in need.
Your gift helps local people who need your help.
$5 a week provides
- a week of camp for a child with special needs
- transportation for 6 seniors to their doctors and back home
- a year of tutoring for 2 illiterate adults
Pictured: Crossroads Crisis Center provides a safe place for abused women and their children to stay. They receive counseling and guidance on how to make changes in their lives to insure the safety of their children and themselves.
$10 a week provides
- 5 therapy sessions for an abused child
- 10 half-day respite visits for an Alzheimer's patient's family caregiver
- food for a week for a family of four
Pictured: Delphos Senior Citizens provides transportation services to the seniors in Delphos and Spencerville area. Many seniors no longer drive and the van transports them to doctor appointments, the grocery and the meal site at Delphos Senior Citizens.
$20 a week provides
- a year of one-to-one matches for 3 children from single parent homes
- help and support for 7 victims of crime
- six weeks of Scouting programs for at-risk students
Pictured: Kindergarten Kamp provides summer help to area children entering school in the fall. The program helps the children to be better prepared to begin school.
Click here to download our 2009-2010 Case Statement.